10 outubro, 2008

These Days

Well Ive been out walking
I dont do that much talking these days
These days--
These days I seem to think a lot
About the things that I forgot to do
For you
And all the times I had the chance to

And I had a lover
Its so hard to risk another these days
These days--
Now if I seem to be afraid
To live the life I have made in song
Well its just that Ive been losing so long

Ill keep on moving
Things are bound to be improving these days
These days--
These days I sit on corner stones
And count the time in quarter tones to ten, my friend
Dont confront me with my failures
I had not forgotten them

Jackson Browne




Agora reparo que nunca tinha dado atenção suficiente à letra desta canção.
E depois fiquei a saber que o autor a escreveu com 16 anos. É irritante, mas se o talento não estivesse mal distribuído, nunca se dava por ele.
.

Sem comentários: